Bacon spinach salad with raspberry dressing
- Handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- watermelon 150gr (chopped)
- 8 fresh strawberries
- 6 bacon rashes(streaky bacon)
- Arrange bacon in a cold non stick pan.
- Put pan on low-medium heat and let bacon slowly fry .
- Do not turn bacon until the fat starts to softly sizzle on the pan.
- Turn to the other side and let cook gently, then turn and fry to your desired texture.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Meanwhile as bacon cooks, wash your baby spinach and spin to dry or drain in a colander
- Wash your strawberries and half them
- In a blender combine raspberry dressing ingredients and blitz until smooth
- Plate your salad and drizzle with the raspberry dressing
* If using bacon that is not as fatty as streaky bacon, you might want to add a tsp of oil
as the bacon is cooking to aid along the frying process.