Brown rice in octopus stock
- 1 cup brown rice( washed and pre-soaked 20min)
- 2&1/2 cups octopus stock
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 green capsicum (diced)
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 fresh chili chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and saute onion until soft, add garlic,chili and saute until fragrant
- Add tomatoes stir, cover pan with a lid and simmer briefly until tomatoes are soft
- Add capsicums, rice stir and fry for about a minute or until rice is well coated
- Add salt to taste and stock
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy with a stew
Please note you can use whatever other stock is available i,e chicken,beef,veg. If none simply use a beef/chicken cube.
- 700g octopus(1-2 depending on size), water to cover the octopus, 1 large bay leaf, 3 garlic cloves, black pepper.
- Put the ingredients in a sufuria, bring to a boil and simmer for an hour until the octopus is soft.
- I set aside the octopus for another dish and then proceeded to make the rice with the left over octopus liquid, measured as per my rice quantity.
*The water measurement will depend on your octopus…so simply ensure that the octopus is immersed and covered with the water.
*Also i dint add any salt in my stock, however if you do, just remember to add little to none when making the rice.