This is an extremely healthy dish and only requires one pot. This recipe is also good to help with colds or to warm you up during those cold months. Simple add more ginger or chili as you like.
Recipe: serves 2
- 3 chicken legs
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 thumb size ginger (sliced thinly)
- 1 green/red chili cut in half (you can use fresh or dry)
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp parsley/dhania to finish (roughly chopped)
- cut the chicken legs at the joint of the leg and thigh to separate the two thus making 6 pcs from the 3 whole legs.
- Remove most of the excess skin from the flesh, rinse the chicken and set aside
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, skim the scum(brownish foam that will appear),
- Then simmer opened for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and the flavors from the herbs and spices have flavored the broth.
- Serve plain and enjoy.