Chicken Tikka skewers
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(whole)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic(minced to a paste)
- 1/2 ginger(minced to a paste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 small lemon (juice)
- 5-6 short skewers
- Handful of fresh chopped dhania (cilantro/coriander) to garnish
- Wash chicken breast, pat dry and chop into large cubes
- Mix marinade and marinate chicken in yoghurt mixture for at least 2 hrs. or overnight
- Soak skewers in water for about 20min
- Thread chicken pieces into the skewers
- Grill skewers 10min, or roast 15min or pan fry 8-10min regulating heat.
- If using oven, preheat to 180oC.
- Grease roasting tray lightly arrange your skewers and roast for 15min turning them half away at the 7minute interval.
- Once ready,plate your skewers and garnish with dhania serve with salad or raita sauce.