Cinnamon Pancakes with Peanut Butter Sauce
Show of hands who doesnt love pancakes? You can comment below…LOL
For those of you who just cant get enough of pancakes I took mine to a whole new level by incorporating a beanut butter sauce to go with them…. Peanut butter is rich and velvetty; so just imagine it with pancakes, honestly they are a sinful match.
I am salivating just talking about them. Skip ahead and just watch the video and be warned dont watch on a hungry stomach.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour(sifted) (200g)
- I cup milk (300ml)
- 1 large egg
- 1 heaped tbsp. Butter (unsalted) (20g)
- 2 tbsp. Sugar(30g)
- 1 heaped tsp (5-8g) Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Veg Oil to grease the pan
- *Optional Fruits: sliced Strawberries & bananas
Peanut butter Sauce
- 100ml milk
- 60g peanut butter(2 heaped tbsp)
- 20g butter (1 tbsp)
- 30g sugar (2 tbsp)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder mix and create a well in the center
- In the well add sugar, egg and pour in your milk as you whisk just until combined(do not over mix, if there are lumps let them be)
- Finish by adding the vanilla essence and melted butter and whisk briefly just until combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, pour in some oil about a tsp and spread it evenly in the pan using a kitchen paper towel.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using a small ladle or approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. If using a large pan, add more pancake batter, as you can then cook more pancakes at a go.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom is golden, then flip them over.
- Repeat the process until all the batter mixture is finished.
For the Peanut Butter Sauce
In a saucepan combine all the ingredients. Whisk as the milk start to warm up. Once all the ingredients are well dissolved in the milk mixture, simmer and keep whisking until sauce reduces and thickens. This will take about 10 min. The sauce should be lusciously smooth for ease of pouring over your pancakes.
Pour sauce over your pancakes and enjoy. Serve garnished with your choice of fruits.
Download your own pdf recipe copy Cinnamon Pancakes with Peanut Butter sauce