Delicious Oats & Coconut Pancakes
3 tbsp oats
60g wholemeal flour
40g plain white flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp caster sugar
a pinch of salt
150ml coconut milk
1 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for brushing
a few drops of vanilla extract
a little oil or butter for making the pancakes and for greasing the pan
1. Warm half the coconut milk pour in a bowl & soak the oat flakes with that coconut milk for about 10 minutes.
2. Sift the flour,baking powder, sugar,salt into a bowl.
3. Combine the eggs,remaining coconut milk,vanilla essence, melted butter & beat well
4. Add the flour mixture to the coconut-oats mixture
5. Mix as you add in the coconut milk mixture & whisk until the ingredients are well incorporated
6. leave to rest for about 15 minutes
7. Grease your pan with butter or oil
8. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook until browned, when bubbles start to appear on top flip over and cook the other side. Put pancakes aside and make remaining batter in same way.
Enjoy as a snack or for breakfast, brunch…or anytime you want;)
* You can substitute the sugar for honey
* To enhance the pancakes use a pinch of cinnamon or the zest of one lemon/orange.