Easter Holiday Ideas
It is Easter afternoon and the family is back from the morning or noon mass and your wondering what your going to do for the rest of the afternoon and evening…..
Well worry no more here are 5 great Ideas to keep you and the kids entertained.
* Use your choice of flavorings and colours or mix to make them enticing for your kids.
2. Snacks Scavenger Hunt
What you will need
- Snacks e.g: biscuits, sweets, chocolates, lollipops, crisps etc
- House/apartment/spacious compound to hide the snacks
- Paper and pen to write down the snacks you have hidden
How to play
- Hide the snacks in various parts of your house or compound
- If you have 1 – 2 kids, give them a list of the snacks you have hidden and ask them to find them
- If you have more than 2 kids ask them to pair up and find the snacks on their lists…..
- Once they find all the snacks on their lists, they get to eat them.
3. Egg and spoon race
An egg-and-spoon race is a game in which participants must balance an egg or similarly shaped item on a spoon and race with it to the finishing line. The participants can play as individuals or as a team in a relay race.
- If the egg falls from the spoon, then the competitors may be required to pick it up,restart again or be disqualified
- You cannot hold the egg with your fingers it must balance on the spoon.
* You can make your own rules like a time frame to get to the finish line otherwise you get disqualified etc.
* If using real eggs, boil them for a less messy race.
4. Easter Charades
Charades is word guessing game in which one player acts out a word or phrase, and the other players guess the word or phrase. Instead of using the usual categories like movies, people, professions, objects etc, in this one use stories or characters from the bible.
- paper and pen
- props if necessary
How to play
- Divide yourselves into teams of two or more if you are many
- In a piece of paper write down characters or stories from the bible that your opponents are to act out to their team members. Eg: characters – Moses,Adam and eve, Cane and Abel. Stories- Prodigal Son, Good Samaritan Noah and the Ark etc.
- Give a time limit anything from 1-3 minutes and the team that guesses the most from their list wins.
5. Kids craft competition
Ask your kids to draw, color, create anything that is Easter related and give them a time frame like 30 minutes and the most creative piece wins a grand prize. They can win a watch,novel,storybook, crayons etc. and the rest can get a lollipop or 1 sweet so as not to feel like they lost.
Materials and Equipment Needed:
Kids can use anything they feel like, anything from
- color pencils or paint
- different types of papers
- plastic cups,plates,spoon, forks
- food stuff