Roasted Eggplants in a Tomato Stew
Recipe Serves 2
Roasted Eggplant in tomato stew
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 4 medium sized tomatoes (washed, chopped and blended)
- 1 cup of peas (cooked)
- handful of olives 10-15 (cut into half lengthwise)
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- black pepper to taste
for the roasted Eggplant
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp chili powder (depends on your heat tolerance)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of blackpepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
Wash and then cut your eggplant into medium sized cubes
- In a bowl combine all the spices from the roasted eggplant section, coat and toss your eggplants until each piece is well seasoned.
- get a oven tray and line it with foil and grease the foil with little oil abt 1/2 tsp to avoid your eggplants from sticking.
- then lay your eggplants on to the tray and roast in the preheated oven for 20min or until the eggplants are golden brown.
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil then pour in & stir your blended tomatoes.
- Add the spices oregano, basil, paprika, salt, black pepper stir everything and simmer for about two minutes
- Then add the tomato paste, stir and simmer for a minute
- Add the roasted eggplants, boiled peas and olives stir gently and simmer for 5-8minutes or until your happy with the texture and taste of your stew.
- Finish off with some mint and dhania.
Tip: seeing as everything is already precooked the 4th step is just to let the ingridients come together and for the flavours to develop and merge.