Sauteed Chicken & spinach
Here is yet another simple recipe.
Honestly speaking you can pretty much use your preferred blend of spices in this dish.
Personally I choose to go with a tandoori masala spice mix, alternatively you could use curry powder, chicken masala powder, beef masala powder, cajun spice blend and so forth you decide.
Recipe serves 2
- 1 bunch spinach ( blanched, drained, excess water squeezed and chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts – about 300g-400g ( chopped to bite size cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- pinch of black pepper or as desired
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Season the chicken cubes with the tandoori masala, black pepper, salt and massage through to coat every piece
- Heat a non stick pan, add the oil and swirl it
- Add you chicken to the hot pan and saute on high heat until chicken starts to brown( should take about a minute) and toss to brown other side
- Add the spinach, garlic, remaining tandori masala, (salt and pepper if necessary) and toss some more… saute on high heat for about 30 secs – a minute, remove from heat and serve with your preferred accompaniment.
If you prefer, you can just fry your spinach directly without blanching. However if you opt to do this, fry the spinach in a separate pan with oil, little salt and black pepper ( or no seasoning as you will season when you add it to the chicken) ensure any liquid that will form during the frying evaporates from the spinach, before now adding your spinach at step 4.
Alternatively If you are like me and hate cleaning up extra dishes, saute the spinach first set aside then saute the chicken and add back the spinach at step 4…. If you feel that is too complicated…saute everything together;-)I just prefer to do it separately to ensure my chicken does not overcook and is still moist inside…
Hope I have not overwhelmed you with all the cooking options;-) Happy cooking!
This dish is extremely easy to whip up and should take you no time at all...