TURMERIC YELLOW RICE WITH PEAS
Turmeric yellow rice has to be one of my favorite rice recipes and combined with peas, it is just a match made in heaven.
It is so simple to make skip ahead and just watch the video, or read the recipe below.
- 1 Cup Rice ( Basmati)
- 1/2 cup peas (boiled) fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 2 large garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 chicken cube (mixed with the two cups hot water below )
- 2 cups hot water
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add the onions, saute until they soften and start to brown slightly
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry until aromatic and golden brown
- Add the turmeric and fry for a few seconds
- Then Add the rice mix well until each grain is well tossed
- Then pour in the stock (chicken cube + water)
- Bring to a boil, then simmer and cook for 15 min on very low heat
- Add the peas and cook for a final 5 minutes and serve.
*If your vegetarian or vegan use a vegetable stock cube.
1. You can pre-soak your rice for 15 minutes and rinse out the starch in the rice until water is clear. leave on a sieve to dry before frying the rice.
2. I use a good quality basmati rice and so I will be honest I dont always wash my rice and I still get fluffy rice.
3. For the cubes you can use chicken,beef,veg etc or fresh stock.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can show support by subscribing to my youtube channel.