Vegetable brown rice
Recipe: serves 4
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 carrot (washed,peeled,chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 capsicum (chopped)
- 1 beef cube
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic (2-3 cloves)-chopped
- pinch of salt( use little if using beef cube)
- 3 cups water
This recipe is pretty much one of everything with the exception of a few ingredients, it should be pretty simple to follow and make;-)
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and fry onions until soft
- Add garlic and fry until fragrant
- Add carrots and fry briefly about 1 minute
- Add capsicums fry well
- Add seasoning salt and beef cube, stir until well mixed with the vegetables
- Add the rice and mix well with the other ingredients, and fry briefly for about 1 minute.
- Add water, bay leaf stir, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer.
- Cook for about 40 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Garnish with dhania and serve.