Minced Meat Kenyan Style (Wet Fry)
There are times when I am super lazy to cook and just dont feel like dealing with a palethra of ingredients… I shared this recipe for dinner in my youtube series what I eat in a day see video below.. or just skip ahead to the recipe.
If your looking for a proper beef minced meat sauce with tomatoes i.e for pasta please watch my spaghetti and mince meat video.
- 500g mince meat
- 1 medium sized onion – thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- ½ a large capsicum (red or any color) – thinly sliced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 ½- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 flat tsp of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of water
- Handful of fresh dhania
- In a sauce pan fry the mincemeat until brown… (I did not use any oil as my mince was quite fatty, however) if using lean mince then add a tbsp of oil to fry the meat.
- Drain any excess oil and save it to use in other dishes of your choice.
- Add the onions to the browned meat fry and cover for a minute to soften.
- Then add the garlic and fry until aromatic
- Add the sliced capsicums and stir
- Then add the seasonings: soy sauce and black pepper & stir well
- Add some little water and tomato paste stir, cover with a lid and simmer for about 5min or until most of the water has evaporated and your capsicums have soften. (The meat should be moist)
- Finish by stirring in some freshly chopped dhania and serve with your choice of carbs.