TILAPIA FOIL PACK
I think most kenyans enjoy Tilapia fish when whole either deep fried or in a stew… I opted to take a different route and decided to try my hand at the Tilapia foil bake as I had been seeing a lot of Foil Packet/ Foil Pack dinner Recipes going around. I made this tilapia recipe with vegetables so it is super healthy and Paleo Friendly as well.
Watch the video Below and SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube Channel for lots of delicious recipes.
RECIPE | SERVES 2
- 2 Tilapia fillets ( about 100-120g each)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 medium lemon (juice)
- 2 courgettes (chopped into large chunks)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped into large chunks)
- 1 Red Onion (Chopped into large dices)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (bashed, roughly pulled apart)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 10 leaves of Fresh basil roughly torn
- Small handful of Fresh parsley roughly torn
- Pat fish dry with a kitchen paper towel, and marinate with the fish marinade ingredients for about 10 minutes
- In a bowl combine your chopped vehetables, season with all the above ingredients for the the veges.
- Get foil, and double layer it to prevent any spilage, and grease your foil to avoid your veges sticking
- Add half the vegies to the foil with one piece of tilapia fillet ontop,
- Then fold to cover the top. Ensure all edges are enclosed but remember to Loosely fold the foil to allow for steam build up when the fish bakes… see the video at for the two folding methods.
- Place the foil in an oven tray and bake in a PRE-HEATED oven at 180C for 20mins. Cook until vegetables are soft, tomatoes have release their juices and Tilapia is just beautifully moist and flaky.
TIP: You can regulate the temp between 180-200 degrees Celsius.
If you enjoyed this recipe check out my Prawns with sauted french beans and carrots Recipe.
Kenyan Style Whole Fish Stew Recipe