Peanut Butter Chicken
Now this right here is one of my favourite tastiest chicken stews, which unfortunately I will admit I do not cook it as often as I would like. Why you might ask, cause it is just so damn RICH and delicious that if I was to eat it every day the kilos would just pile on…Please dont blame me if you find yourself making my peanut butter chicken stew on a daily basis 😉
Recipe: (serves 5)
- 1 full chicken( pre-cut)
- 1 large onion ( chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 ripe medium size tomatoes ( grated)
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 3 heaped tbsp peanut butter (be very generous)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper corns
- 1 tbsp veg oil
Be warned I don’t thick you can have too much peanut butter!
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper
- heat oil in a large pan swirl it round and fry chicken just to brown on both sides remove from heat and put it aside.
- In the same pan fry your onions until limp if necessary add a tsp of oil otherwise just use the oil that remains from frying the chicken.
- Add your garlic and fry until fragrant then add your tomatoes and fry.
- Add the chicken cube,tomato paste and peanut butter and stir untilpeanut butter is well incorporated.
- Add the water little by little while stirring until sauce is smooth,add the sugar stir and cook for a minute.
- Return chicken to sauce or transfer to a large pan if current pan is not large enough.
- Bring sauce to boiling point then simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring at the halfway mark from the bottom so that the sauce does not stick to the bottom of the pan
- Serve garnished with coriander and enjoy with steamed buttered rice or any flat bread.
NOTES * try not to add extra salt in the sauce as chicken is already pre-seasoned and peanut butter and chicken cubes contain salt in them. * for a thicker sauce then use less water and vice versa. * if you like your sauce hot then your welcome to add fresh chilies.